Please see the email sent by Records and Registraion about how to prepare for the registration:
Dear TCNJ Student,
It is hard to believe that registration for the Spring 2021 semester is just around the corner! In keeping with our commitment to prepare students for registration, we have compiled some important information that every student should know about Spring 2021 registration.
The Spring and Summer 2021 Schedule of Classes, Enrollment Appointments, Shopping Cart, and Validation is now available in PAWS. The “Instruction Modes” for Spring 2021 classes are not currently finalized and will be updated accordingly.
Read below for steps you should take to prepare for registration and ensure a successful process:
Beginning Thursday, October 8th:
1) View Your Enrollment Appointment in PAWS: The initial Spring 2021 registration period for undergraduate and graduate students will begin on November 3, 2020 and run through November 13, 2020. Access your PAWS student center to find out the exact date and time you can begin to register by viewing your Enrollment Appointment.
2) Access your Academic Requirements Report on PAWS to view your degree requirements via the Advising Tools link.
3) Search for Classes and Fill Your Shopping Cart: The Spring 2021 Schedule of Classes will be available on PAWS beginning today, October 8. Prepare for registration by adding courses to your Enrollment Shopping Cart prior to your enrollment appointment. For videos and instructions on how to use your Enrollment Shopping Cart, go to PAWS Help.
4) Check for Requisite Issues: Check to see if you have met enrollment requirements prior to your enrollment time. The Validate feature (available in your Shopping Cart) alerts you to any requisite issues that may prevent you from enrolling in a class. For quick tips on using the Validate feature, visit Validate or watch the Validate Video.
5) Resolve Requisite Issues before Registration: If the Validate feature identifies a potential requisite issue, and you are confident that the requisite was met, contact the Office of Records and Registration for assistance.
6) Check your PAWS student center account early and frequently for Holds: Holds will prevent you from registering for your classes. If there is a hold on your account, click on the “Details” link and resolve the matter prior to your Enrollment Appointment. Holds are subject to be placed throughout the month of October.
7) Meet with your adviser: We encourage you to schedule a consultation with your advisor as soon as possible to ensure appropriate course selection. Follow any scheduling instructions you receive from your advisor or your department.
If you are a student in the School of Science, your academic advisor will contact you to schedule an advising appointment. Please watch for this upcoming communication.
School of Engineering advising holds will be placed on October 12th. Engineering students should reach out to their faculty advisors now to schedule their advising appointment between October 12th and October 30th. Advisors will review students’ course selection plans and clear advising holds. Failure to meet with your School of Engineering advisor to clear advising holds will not allow you to process registration transactions.
8) If the course that you are attempting to enroll in is at its full capacity, you may request to be waitlisted. Waitlist procedures vary according to departments. Please see the Spring 2021 Waitlisting Process which outlines waitlist procedures and/or contact information for each department/subject area.
Planning ahead is the key to a successful registration process. If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact the Office of Records and Registration at email@example.com or visit our webpage: http://recreg.pages.tcnj.edu
The Office of Records and Registration